- This event has passed.
Manu K Baker Sprint Regatta
Aloha PNW Club Coaches and Paddlers,
Kikaha O Ke Kai Outrigger Canoe Club is honored to once again host our 1st Sprint Race of 2019 – the 12th Annual Manu Baker Memorial – on May 18th at beautiful Spanaway Lake!
Attached is our race packet containing our race information, Pre-Registration Form and the Official Sprint Registration Form for each Crew entering.
Each year our newest members, Keiki, Junior and Veteran paddlers looks forward to a full day of racing the three distances – 500, 1000 and 1500 Meter – Sprint Events. It is always a great spectator event to watch and enjoy.
• This year we are excited to bring back two Special COED Events – Kupuna and Sr. Master Women and Men – to race against their own Age Category in these highly-competitive classifications!
• We also are adding a Paddlers Swap-Meet where you can bring your “New or Raced” paddling gear/racks/saddles/paddles etc.… to sell/trade or give away at this event.
• Café ‘Ohana will be serving very “Onolicious Plate Lunches” and Side Dishes for sale!
• Kikaha always has one of the Best Raffle Prize’s in the PNW – Don’t forget to buy your tickets!
• Award Plaques will be awarded to 2 Divisions with Overall Points for Clubs entering 20 or less crews 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Clubs entering 21 or more crews 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
Please send all Pre-Registration Forms of how many Crews and Events you will be entering by May 10th so we can draw lanes and send out Preliminary Lane Assignments on Tuesday May 14th.
Teams and Paddlers traveling from a distance that want to race, please email us. We will have extra OC-6 Canoes for you to use and race!
Any questions feel free to email email@example.com
See you all on May 18th!
Kikaha O Ke Kai Sprint Committee